In Years 7-9, homework is set in English, Maths, Science and Modern Foreign Languages. 30 minutes for each piece in Years 7 and 8 and 45 minutes in Year 9.
In Years 10 and 11, the routine is 1-2 hours a week of English, Maths and Science and 1 hour for all other subjects. There is of course an increase as students move into Year 11 and around mock examinations and then final examinations.
In addition, Extended Projects are set each half term for Years 7 and 8. The Michaelmas 2019 Term 1 projects are:
2018-2019 Extended Projects
- Homework and Extended Project – 12 September 2018
- WWI Centenary Project – September 2018
- Morality and Ethics Project – November 2018
Who are our Neighbours? January 2019
Students have a choice of two projects:
- Being a global citizen: who are our neighbours? – January 2019
- Brexit: deal or no deal? – January 2019
- Brexit: deal or no deal? Support – January 2019
Trinity Term 1 Extended Project – Science in action
Projects should be submitted to Mr Barrow by Monday 3 June.
Students have a choice of three projects: