National Studies suggest that in the UK, about 1 in 10 of all young people may experience a mental health problem or disorder. Without the right support a student’s mental ill-health may impact on their safety and happiness both in and out of School. Some examples of mental health issues include:
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
More detail about the potential symptoms or possible causes of mental health problems can be found in the ‘worried about your child’ section of the Young Minds website.
The Pastoral team at SET Ixworth School have a wealth of experience with supporting students with mental health issues and are also able to refer to external agencies, when specialised support is required.
- Suffolk Safeguarding Children – view website
- Parent Info (Lots of useful links on the ‘Experts’ tab) – view website
- MindEd (a free educational resource on children and young people’s mental health for adults) – view website
- Young Minds – view website
- Brook – 5 steps to improving your self-esteem – view website
- Brook – How to be happy – view website